29 January 2012

Finally did something off Pinterest

So one of my New Year's Resolutions was to do/make 12 things that I had seen on Follow Me on Pinterest, and I finally did it yesterday. I did the "melting crayons on to a canvas" project that seems to be all over Pinterest.


It was very easy and very cheap. A pack of 3 canvases cost £4.20 and 6 crayons cost 15p a pack from Wilkinsons. You just stick the crayons on to your canvas and, once the glue has dried, put your canvas at an angle and heat the crayons gently with a hairdryer. You can really let your imagination go wild here. Let the crayon wax run in different directions, let the colours merge. I even scattered some crayon shaving on to the canvas and heated it from underneath which gave really good results. This is a technique that I want to explore again.

If I do this again, which I'm sure I will, then I would like to try using a different surface, maybe some old jeans or even an old chopping board or old plate?


M thought my work was so good that he took a picture of them and used it as his picture of the day on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment